Kirby Road Surgery aims to keep our building clean, tidy and offer a safe environment to both patients and staff. We pride ourselves on our building and endeavour to keep it clean and tidy at all times.
All clinical members of staff adhere to our infection control policy to ensure the care we deliver and the equipment we utilise on a regular basis is safe.
The practice takes additional measures to ensure we maintain the highest standards:
- We actively encourage staff and patients to raise any issues or report any incidents relating to cleanliness and infection control. We will discuss all matters raised to us and identify improvements we can make to ensure these issues do not happen again.
- Our Head Nurse carries out an annual infection control audit to ensure our infection control procedures are effective.
- The Management Team provide annual staff updates and training on cleanliness, infection control and their importance.
- The Management Team reviews our policies and procedures annually to make sure they are adequate and follow national guidance.
- We maintain our internal and external premises as well as the equipment included to a high standard, ensuring that all reasonable steps are taken to reduce or remove all infection risk.
- Use washable or disposable materials for items such as couch rolls, modesty curtains, floor coverings, towels etc and ensure that these are laundered, cleaned or changed on a regular basis to minimise risk of infection.
- Provide alcohol hand gel throughout the building.
If you have any concerns about cleanliness or infection control, please report this to our reception, or contact the Managing Partner on: [email protected]