These are only for truly housebound patients which mainly consist of the following:
- Nursing/residential homes
- The immobile and housebound
- Terminal Care patients
- Patients with severe back pain – speak to a GP first
- Patients with severe abdominal pain – speak to a GP first
- Patients with severe headache/migraine – speak to a GP first
- Severe vomiting
Children rarely need a visit, as they can nearly always be brought to the surgery (using friends or family if no transport themselves)
If you require a home visit, please help us to plan our journey by telephoning as early as possible. If you require a particular doctor to visit you, please specify this when you telephone the surgery. It will only be possible to meet this request if the call is made before 10.30am, after this time all visits requests are dealt with by the Duty Doctor as are all urgent visits requested before 8:30am.
Please try and attend the surgery if your condition allows. This enables the Doctor to see more patients in a given time and to do more for you because of the extra facilities at the surgery.